
Wednesday 4/7: By far not my worst practice but D.A.M.N.! Truly I feel as if I catch on and then - WHAM 8+ falls/ hits later, I'm nervous and not skating the way I should be. I could not skate next to a girl tonight without locking wheels and going down. As I started my fourth month of skating in a not so polished manner, I did find out we will not be scrimmaging the top players from Rocky Mountain Roller Girls (RMRG) on Sunday. (Oh, what a relief) However, RMRG is a major team - they have been skating and winning for years now, they have a few teams on their league and they more than likely have their stuff tight and together. I'm not saying the Rebels
don't, I personally feel that for a newly put together team we are amazing. As a full team we haven't been together even six months, but from what I've seen and experienced we are working together marvelously. Our vets are incredibly patient and want us to help them win; we (fresh meat) are not just names to fill the roster. We are being put out there and taught. We
are alongside the vets and really becoming methodical.
Sunday 4/11: Scrimmaging another team is amazingly educational. We (Rebels) did great for the first half, we were together playing and scoring. Second half we were getting hit hard and not so much keeping up the scoring. In the end we lost. I got my first time in the penalty box taken care of, it was for "misconduct" as apparently backhanding another player is frowned upon. (In
my defense I was not doing it on purpose, I had actually lost my balance and threw my hand backwards accidentally.) I sat in the box, did my time and made best of it studying what was happening. Later I took a rough elbow to the sternum, OUCH! Getting to play other teams is incredible informational and painful. I have such a good time and I imagine this is what it's like during a bout (with a few more people in the audience). Looking forward and yet still terribly scared for my first real bout. RMRG were great hostess and I had a great time!
don't, I personally feel that for a newly put together team we are amazing. As a full team we haven't been together even six months, but from what I've seen and experienced we are working together marvelously. Our vets are incredibly patient and want us to help them win; we (fresh meat) are not just names to fill the roster. We are being put out there and taught. We
are alongside the vets and really becoming methodical.
Sunday 4/11: Scrimmaging another team is amazingly educational. We (Rebels) did great for the first half, we were together playing and scoring. Second half we were getting hit hard and not so much keeping up the scoring. In the end we lost. I got my first time in the penalty box taken care of, it was for "misconduct" as apparently backhanding another player is frowned upon. (In
my defense I was not doing it on purpose, I had actually lost my balance and threw my hand backwards accidentally.) I sat in the box, did my time and made best of it studying what was happening. Later I took a rough elbow to the sternum, OUCH! Getting to play other teams is incredible informational and painful. I have such a good time and I imagine this is what it's like during a bout (with a few more people in the audience). Looking forward and yet still terribly scared for my first real bout. RMRG were great hostess and I had a great time!
Rowdy- I was the skater you backhanded and I totally knew it was not intentional. Another skater had just pushed me right into you. I felt kinda bad about you getting that penalty.
ReplyDeleteWe were so glad to have you guys come scrimmage us and we had a great time! We're looking forward to June 19th. :)
Raven LunaChic
Rocky Mountain Rollergils
We live we learn. Hopefully I learn soon not to flail my arms around when I'm falling, that could reduce the amount of bad calls for me. ;)
ReplyDeleteSorry about the hit.
Looking forward to June
-Rowdy