Wednesday 2/17: Here I am 11:30pm getting home after practice and really just want to go to bed, but really needing to wind down and settle before I can. Every time I think I may have a grasp on the training something new is set in front of us and we must conquer, and defeat! Unfortunately my skates defeated me today, we were doing some routine toe stop walks and I must have got cocky because my skates set me straight (on the floor). BOOM! down I went and not gracefully! Somehow I rolled my leg, one skate was underneath me and I sat on the wheel. (Need I say "OuCh!!!"? I think not.) The other skate, was in the air. Really this is not something I can do, I am no contortionist. Got up walked a few more steps, down again. I'm just hoping this doesn't hurt tomorrow.
Friday 2/19: Two days later I'm still hurt, but only when I move. Our place of practice had a hockey tournament so we got to practice at The Kill Floor home of the Slaughterhouse Derby Girls, so nice of them to let us use there place. They have a perfect place and it looks like it was all just for them. A warehouse with a wooden track built and made just for roller derby, bleachers, a bar with Slaughterhouse merch. Some of the Rocky Mountain Roller Girls came up, on their Friday night to do some scrimmages with the veterans. We (newbies) did our drills but we did get to watch some. It was great, hopefully we made a good impression. It was a whole night of teams working together. I really liked it, I don't know to many sport where other teams share like this, especially in such a competitive sport. I also found out different floors can cause so much mayhem in my inability to skate! I figured there would be a difference in skating with different types of floors but my wheels weren't sliding and I felt like I had some control which turned out to kind of scare me since I was just getting used to not having control. Guess this is another something to remember for away bouts, new floors will cause new obstacles. It also works out a different set of muscles. Fall count = 3
You are a ROCKSTAR!
ReplyDelete