
Saturday May 15th is the Choice City Rebels’ season home opener (flutter belly and neurotic cleaning don't even begin to explain what my nerves are doing to me right now) and I am so looking forward to it! It is going to be my second bout but it seems more special than that, because this bout is being played on our floor at our skate house (tickets are $10 pre-sale $15 day of bout).
While I intensely enjoyed playing in Utah (my first bout) I think being here, where people are cheering for us, will bring a whole new level to this game. I'll be able to look out and recognize familiar faces (if I can get myself to look up and out to the crowd). This bout is going to be the first time that some of the friends and family of us rookies, get to experience derby with us or as a whole. We (the team) have been working hard - working drills, building endurance, playing scrimmages, working with a personal trainer- and all of it is for this, so we can play the game. Not only am I excited to get to play on our turf but I have met the Divas; we have scrimmaged (and drank together), they are a good group of ladies, I just have a feeling come win or lose this is going to be a good and entertaining game (and after party!). I plan on showing the team and myself all the hard work is not in vain (hopefully my flutter belly and two left feet don't come along for the ride.)
While I intensely enjoyed playing in Utah (my first bout) I think being here, where people are cheering for us, will bring a whole new level to this game. I'll be able to look out and recognize familiar faces (if I can get myself to look up and out to the crowd). This bout is going to be the first time that some of the friends and family of us rookies, get to experience derby with us or as a whole. We (the team) have been working hard - working drills, building endurance, playing scrimmages, working with a personal trainer- and all of it is for this, so we can play the game. Not only am I excited to get to play on our turf but I have met the Divas; we have scrimmaged (and drank together), they are a good group of ladies, I just have a feeling come win or lose this is going to be a good and entertaining game (and after party!). I plan on showing the team and myself all the hard work is not in vain (hopefully my flutter belly and two left feet don't come along for the ride.)
No comments:
Post a Comment