1.27.2010

roller derby newbie

I am a newbie. CoCo has recruited me to come to the Rebel derby family. She has interested me for about the last year until finally my husband came home one day and said "Lesley and Penn are expecting to see you tonight at practice". At that moment I knew it was onward. That first night I was a little hesitant and it wasnt really a practice, moreso, "who are the new recruits". So, the first night of real practice I showed up late. But not too late for suicides!!!!!! Since I have been taking a break at being in shape I pretty much felt as if I just got my ass shoved down my throat. Inside myself, I refused to give up. Everyone was really encouraging and giving kudos for the newbies. Which gave me strength to continue. That had been the most workout I had done in a long time. On the drive home I realized that my body actually felt good and that my lungs had been opened and I could really breathe and I could feel the blood flowing thru my body. WOW! Then when I got home I decided to check out my new "Roller Derby Workout" video that was given to me. I did the first couple of workouts with the kids and then scanned the rest to see what was to come for another day as I was zonked! It was GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment